Friday, August 29, 2008

I missed out entering the blog yesterday again. I don’t want to go on listing the reasons as what really important is to accept mistakes and correct it rather than feel sorry looking at the list of reasons. I hate myself feeling “oh-no-I could’ve-avoided-this” stuff.

I read this article “speaking Tree” in TOI. It spoke about the statement made by our proud gold winning hero Abhinav Bindra. When he was asked how is feeling after winning the gold medal he said he is feeling emptiness. It is like you have climbed the mountain and there is nothing left to achieve. I still wonder why he said like that as he can still compete in the coming Olympic tournaments(couple of them atleast). But I agree with the fact that one will feel complete emptiness when he achieves what he dreamt of. The article also said that it feels happier when you are still in road to achieve your goals and dreams than after achieving\reaching there!!!!!!!

The article continues further and puts light on fact that how people nowadays adopt foolish way to gain fame and name in short time. It seems a person tried to enter the famed Guinness Book of World Record by drinking large volume of water in one sitting. But died in the course. The article quotes Albert einstein’s statement “The value of a man should be seen in what he gives rather than what he receives”.

What you can make out from the abstract of the article above is that it is not important whether you are a famous person or not. But whether have you given anything to this society so that the people will recognize you even after your death. People who became famous and are still remembered are those who had given something or other to this society. Tell me whether it is easy for you to remember the personalities like Sir M. Vishveswaraya, Abdul Kalam, Jamshedji Tata, Homi Jehangir baba, Vikram Sarabhai, Ramanujam, or some person who has got his name recorded in the Guinness Book? Both of them are famous, but only difference is that the former are the people who dedicated their life for social service and the later are those who were just concerned with making name.

Take my example itself here. Yesterday I dint posted blog because I write the blog first in MS Word and then paste it to my blogspot as it helps me to identify and rectify any grammatical errors or typo in my script. After I had completed 75% suddenly something happened and I clicked on “NO” option when it prompted me to save the doc. So dejected I was that I decided not to post the blog again by writing from scratch. But I had read a long back that there was this scientist in America(i forgot his name :( ) whose house caught fire accidentally and all his research work was reduced to ash in the mishap. When someone tried to console him, he smiled back saying that he is happy that he can start all fresh from scratch by removing all the mistakes and errors and improving the work still more!!!!! Well this is where the difference between the common man and a great person is.

No comments: