Thursday, August 21, 2008

21/8/2008

Today promotions were announced in our company. If it brought cheers to some, it also brought tears to some others. This year’s promotions were not applicable to me as I was jst a year old in the org.
Though it was not applicable to me, I was deeply engrossed in thinking about that day when even I would be in the list of expected. I fear not to open it myself. Just yesterday I wrote that we shouldn’t be deterred if we don’t get something which we had dreamt for. But here I’m today, exactly opposite of my own words. What I would say is that, no matter whatever philosophical stuffs u read, or hear, it will not bring a total change in us. I am not telling that we shouldn’t stop reading or hearing such spiritual or philosophical stuff. But I believe that, we are made up of a set of personality traits which will decide what we are and how we are. So at the max, we can try to shape up these personality traits as per what the philosophy says. But cant totally change it. If that happens, one day in this world everyone will be alike with just good people around and nobody else. The police, army, scientists who develop weapons, etc., will loose their job as there would be nobody to kill or detained in prison.

One small example to explain what my fear about the promotions actually is. Think that there are 2 persons working under same boss, Mr. A and Mr. B. A is very sensitive and composed. He works really hard with no issues to be pin pointed against him. But he never reports to his boss about the work what he does everyday. He goes to his boss only if there is any genuine need. Wheras Mr. B is dead opposite in nature. He makes sure that his boss will come to know about each and every minute work he does everyday. So when the D day (day to declare the promotions) comes, the boss will promote B. Tell me what u think about this? Who has done mistake if any. The most common answer would be to say that B is wrong. He shows off about his work etc etc… but what I would say is that, u cant totally put Mr. B in a spot lik that. He has that personality trait in him to make sure that his boss is appraised of whatever work he does. Whereas A lacks it. Or can we say that the boss himself is wrong? He should observe who does how much work everyday right? But that also wont be 100% right. Because he has got his own work to do apart from judging his teammates.

Well, ultimately I would just say that nothing is in our hand. All fate. We should not get deterred by these. But still it is very difficult to get over. But remember one thing “ Failure is not falling down and accepting the defeat. It is the refusal to get up and fight”

No comments: