Monday, September 22, 2008

When I read my post on my experience in a particular interview, I had suggested people to give rude answers. But I was laughing after reading it. Before making such a kind of suggestion, I should have adviced that we sould see how the interviewer is while answering first few questions. And if we really feel that he is worth of getting rude reply then only start with it. Never start giving rude replies right when you go and sit in front of the person. that’s y I had mentioned that I would come back and add the points to the post as and when I feel.

When I talk to my fellow friends and colleagues, I feel so bad that I’m not really helping them out to plan their investments. Believe me, if anyone of u asks me “what’s harm in paying Tax of some 500 bucks per month? Why bother about investments?” I can give u shocking stats to show how much u guys will b loosing by keeping your “HARD EARNED” money in bank without touching it and being happy to look at the balance increase month by month. Actually why the Govt charges tax is to create a sense of investment awareness in us.

I always remember my dad telling to me and mom that how much he repents for not having invested any thing at the beginning of his career though he was working for insurance company itself. A small fact will put light on importance of investing. If u invest in say a kind of insurance policy which will give u fixed returns of say 3k per year from 3rd year of your investment (for once in a 3 years upto 12 or 15 years etc… depending on term selected), you have made your hard earned money to earn money by itself for you.( ya I kno u wil tel me that the amount in A/c will earn interest. That is nothing but a eye wash. Bank earns some fortune by lending your money on loans to its customers and pays u menial amount. I can say almost nothing). Not only that. At the end of term say 12 years, suppose if you had invested 15k (at beginning), 15-12 = 3k will be retuned to you at the end of term plus a bonus of 10k so totally you got 25k for 15 k. and u r also insured(for your life) for that period. Imagine you have some urgent requirement of money after 12years. suddenly if this amount comes in your place when u least expect it, don’t u get excited at that moment? I know 13k(bonus + 3k) wont carry same value after 12 years as it is now. But if u r in need of some 30k at that moment after 12 years, 13k has come without any effort. Plus you have saved the tax also. This is just one small example. You can plan your investment in such a way that by putting money in a combination of 3 to 4 products you can start earning every year.

But i dont explain this to many of my freinds. Hardly i get chance and time(both mine or theirs) to explain them. And since we came out of College jst a year back, still the sense of responsibility, investment awareness etc are not created yet. People like to enjoy their free time instead of scratching their heads on the maths of investment. In worst case, people drop to level of asking me whether i get any comission for thier investment.

in my case, why i've this sense of investment is because i have grown up looking at people coming to home with meager earnings per month asking dad to suggest some policies which can make them lead an independent and happy life later on. So this was natural to me.

Planning for future is not easy. We have the devil residing inside ourselves which constantly brainwashes us saying why care abt future when we earn so much and have so much of amount lying in Account. Friends, we know how expensive the days have become. If anything serious happens or if we feel sudden need of money for something, your bank balance will be nothing but a joke in front of the situational need. I’m not saying we should’ve zero bank balance. But it shouldn’t be greater than 20k at the max.

No comments: