Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This blog post is nothing but the review of the movie “Mumbai Meri Jaan”

I saw this movie last weekend. There is no story as such. Madhavan and Soha ali khan are not any lead actors. The ending is very abrupt. But really worth watching for many reasons.

In this age when the mindless comedy and Love stories are coming out one after another like in a competition, this movie really tries to tingle your emotions. Man, I literally slept while watching movies like Jaane tu.. (absolute shit, or worst than shit. I get such bad words #@$% that my blood starts boiling when I get this thought that I wasted 1 and half hrs of my life in watching that shitty stuff. And more than that I wasted so much of electricity and contributed so much for the green house effect by keeping my system running for downloading the movie.), OSO( please don’t ask me the expansion, I can write lines of bad words about the movie in brackets like this rather than writing the full name of the movie), Bachana ye.. ( Fu*#) well let me not list any more, else I might go beyond the F-word now.

About the movie. The movie will show you the life of different classes of people living in Mumbai. Soha- TV reporter, Madhavan- guy who earns fortune as salary, but very down to earth, chauvinistic about the country, Irfaan khan- a petty tea vendor, etc. The main theme of the movie is Bomb blasts in the Local train that took so many lives and brought the entire Metro to stand still. Man, I was so much in tears to see how the people suffer due to the blast. They’ve even showed how hands,legs and other body parts of humans fly in air at the impact. The people who survived have no reason to be happy as most of them have one or other deformation in their body. Someone’s hand cut, leg, eye, etc….. I was crying inside myself to see the picture of people suffering. None of us might have tried to even think about how the aftermath might have been. It was nothing more than shocking news for us which came like this and went. None of us bothered to think about the cruelty, the injustice, sufferings of affected.

And the movie doesn’t tries to find out who was behind the inhuman act. It just wants to know us about the life in the backdrop of such a tragic incident. The way in which Madhavan gets a kind of Phobia to use the Local train after the incident, the misconception that the one more character in the movie (lets call X) gets about the muslims(that all of them are terrorists). Etc. its absolutely disheartening to see how the incident makes mockery of the very ideal of Madhavan. He gets hammered from everyone for not buying a vehicle of his own (though he can afford 10 cars atleast) and using the train instead, for rejecting the opportunities to go abroad and staying back in this country.

One more main thing the movie brings out is about the TV news channels. How money minded they are. None of their programs are natural ones as we might think. All artificially created sentimental stuff to pull the audience and earn more TRP’s. When the people suffer due to the blast, the news channel guys are busy to decide about creating a byte (that’s how they call program) of most sentimental story like showing the suffering of any most severely affected person…. So mean… I thought of wretching the neck of that bloody rascal…

Well I request each and every one of you to watch the movie at least once, either in theatres or in home.

No comments: