Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I wish each and everyone a happy Ganesh Chaturthi. May the Lord Ganesha remove all the obstacles, problems from our life in coming year.

I had been to our community’s (GSB) Convention centre Dwaraknath Bhavan in Bangalore where our Mutt will celebrate the festival by keeping Ganapathi for 5 days. Too good to watch the celebration, excitement and happiness in the atmosphere there. Not frequently will these kind of celebration happen there. Only selected few festivals we celebrate well and Ganesha chaturthi is one among them. So many people were gathered at the place that my eyes were jst rolling to every corner it is allowed.

Whenever I go to such places, I never get frustrated by the long queue for Prasad or lunch or anything. I’ll be jst looking at people or will be chanting hymn and will be moving with the queue. I have so many experiences to share with regarding this rush and queue at public places. I will mention a couple of them here. Once during dasara festival in Mysore myself and my friends had gone to the Dasara exhibition. There was this Laser show organized that day and after strolling in the exhibition grounds for some hours we came across the place where the laser show was about to start. There was some technical hitch because of which the show was getting delayed. We were standing at the last in that rush there, my friend Holla was not happy and was looking for a chance to go front. To his luck there was an announcement saying somebody called Kiran is needed at the backstage, this idiot Holla dint thought for a second and started cutting thru the rush saying loudly “ Ramesh, myself Kiran here, I’m struck in this audience rush. Mahesh and suresh are also with me here… we are coming there.. wait…” he held my hand started pulling me thru the crowd, I pulled my another friend. Holla meanwhile kept repeating the lines and within fraction of seconds we were at the very front, jst next to stage !!! man I could never forget this.

Today also I imitated the same idea partially here. Ma and father were standing way ahead in the long queue for Prasad. The idea struck my brain and I just asked excuse from people saying “ yes mom, coming… wait, stay there… don’t come back… “ and started to move forward in rush, people thought I’m gonna talk to my ma over some urgent issue and dint mind to let me move ahead of them!! I just enjoyed it….

You need to do such crazy stuff to have some thrill and fun in life.

No comments: