Thursday, December 1, 2011

Birth(burden)day


Birthdays have always been a difficult to manage affair for
me. Not just my birthday, my near and dear ones also comes under this ambit.
Well, what is so difficult? To put it in one simple phrase - “”Expectations management””.
Lord sri Krishna says that, Desire (synonym of Expectation)
is cause of problems (well I don’t know the exact line, atleast I don’t know to
put it in English, but I guess the summary of it will be this). But no human
can totally live like a saint. And as I realized, life teaches us a lot of
things, changing us over every day, just like how a sculptor shapes the statue
he works on. Only difference being the sculptor of the real beings is the
almighty.
Well, coming back to my topic of birthday. This birthday was
kinda eye opener for me. “Don’t make anything special ma, lets just bring the
ready made jamun tin from nandini outlet and have it……..” “Restaurant?????? No
pls….. Mom, y waste money on things like this which comes every year????
Anyways, we go to restaur irrespective of whether there is any spl occasion or
not, so y again specifically tomorrow on my bday…. Lets not……” “Gift?? Ummmmm…
well, I Don’t want anything as such, just got a new mobile and laptop for
myself, there is nothing specific I need as of now… so let it b… I don’t want
anything…. “
And then 2 days later my bday came.
“Just chapathi for bf??? Err ok””ma any gift for me????
Well, yeah was just like that asking, not serious….. “
Evening - “are we
going out for dinner??? Oh you have already cooked?? Phovu? Ummm… yeah I myself
asked not to go out to any restaur, but felt like asking, never bother, lets
have phovu only“ (the last two phrases came out without any sound)
The saint inside me who gave out weighty declarations just
the two days before, had died and was replaced by the person, whose character
was dead contrast to what Lord Krishna preached. He made it sure that whatever
decision I had taken two days before, come to haunt me on the D day. It was very painful to accept the reality. I
learnt how easy it is to say something but, follow the same in practical.
Well that was about my birthday. Now coming to my near and
dear ones. Well, there is nothing as such to say what is difficult here. But I
strongly like the expression on the face of the person when I call him/her up
on the D day and wish. People become really emotional and senti when they
realize that their best buddy not only remembered the spl day, but even took
time out of the busy day to cal and wish as well. At the same time, it is too
painful for me when I forget the day and wish them the belated bday wishes.
Asking sorry wont do any help. So I always abstain from using sorry if at all
if I happen to wish belated bday.
Good Night J



No comments: