Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Khosla ka Ghosla is one movie which will always find place in my list of top 10 movies. When I watched the movie for the first time, I couldn’t believe that such a movie can be really made. I don’t know how to give the feelings of my mind the shape of words here. I was left gaping after watching the movie that “my god, such a different kind of hindi movie”. No big stars, no huge budget, no songs – all the ingredients that has become almost compulsory for a movie to be even recognized (let alone to be box office hit).

The other movie which I can say tops my list is “shawshank redemption”. First thing that I realized after watching the movie was that I did not stop watching the movie halfway since it was too slow moving. For days, I was immersed in only two thoughts. The first one which I just told. The second one was thinking about the idea of the protagonist in the movie. An exceptional movie which will tell how important is it to have patience and planning in life.

I love watching movies like any others. But the only difference in me is that I like to watch only realistic movies. The movies which will be close to reality. I really wonder what is the use of watching a movie where a girl falls in love with boy or vice versa – a few hiccups in their love story – and happy ending where the girl and boy marry happily for rest of their life(well I don’t guarantee the last part). I just get angry on myself if I sit to watch such kind of movies. We know it is not practical and still we watch it for what reason I don’t understand. Instead the movies where the sentiments are potrayed, where it is shown that how hard the life is and how a person should be, will be so useful and interesting to watch. Anupam kher’s son in the KKG movie is a IIT grad who wants to go to US where he just got a job offer. He wants to help his middle class family of Delhi(where middle class is treated on par with BPL class). But his dad is interested in buying a plot in south delhi, in which he wants to construct a modest house with separate rooms for each of his 3 children. He wants to do this since he has a regret that he couldn’t do it for his children when it was needed – i.e when they were studying. But none of his children really want their dad to take such pain. They respect him so much. When the father hears about his IIT grad son’s plan to fly oversees, he is so sad. Sad that his plans to build a new home is late but happy that his son’s career is taking off. The storyline of the movie hardly says all these. But a critic like me will not miss these essences which can be observed only if we watch the movie keenly. I like the movie for these embedded meanings which are not told explicitly but needs to be understood by intelligence, by making use of grey cells. I guess I had written a blog post earlier also about my taste of movies and this might have some things repeated. But I wrote this mainly to discuss my fascination for KKG movie.

I often become subject of fun for my friends for being such a psycho when it comes to watch movies. I think a lot before agreeing to come and watch a movie in theatre. They keep answers ready for my usual set of questions – is it really worth watching? Is it not jst another stupid love story? Etc…. They scold me saying movies should be watched to have a break from reality and not to suffer more by seeing more of it in big screen and also paying for it. But at the end they frown at themselves saying they were able to bend so many decisions of mine except this one. But this is not my decision. This is… ? I don’t know of any such English word to answer that.. but certainly it is not decision.

No comments: