Friday, September 17, 2010

Days are really hectic at office. Don’t want to list down the problems and fill up this blog page.

I just finished one more round of call with client team at 7.PM. The call started at 5.30 PM. I missed my break-time time pass. By the time the call ended I was totally famished. My mind stopped working. I was fed up of speaking English. Have been writing so many mails recently that I dint even wanted to write this blog. But some experience drove me to make exception.

At around 7.15pm I came out to breakout area. The house keeper guy was washing the floor over there. I being a long timer in my office, all the security gaurds and house keepers know me very well that I’m a kanndiga and hence talk to me whenever I come across. I asked that guy why he is washing the floor so early since it was not ever 8pm. That guy replied “Its Friday na sir, will leave early. Tomorrow being sat, duty time starts a bit late”. I asked what is his duty hours “ Weekday its morning 7 to eve 9. and weekends its 8am to 5pm” (I’m not sure whether the timings are right, but have seen them working for long hours though). I was shocked. We always think that our problem is the only biggest problem in world. A glance around will prove us wrong by giving so many examples. Well, though this didn’t motivate me for the day, I will remember this lesson for sure.

No comments: